What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Thursday, February 27, 2014

School Mascot


One of our sweet little Texans is trying out to be the school mascot. How cute is she? When they sent me the photo I thought that is was a chipmunk. But duh! She's a tiger. She's up against 3 other girls. We're so hoping that she gets it!

Speaking of getting...we may be getting some of that beautiful white fluffy stuff that is so beautiful until you have to shovel it stuff on Sunday into Monday. The storm is definitely coming it's just a matter of what it will be when it gets here - snow, ice or rain. Whatever it is they say it's going to be a doozy!

Of course my thoughts turn to what kind of soup should I make! What about you? What do your thoughts turn to when you hear the  snow?


13 comments:

Emma Pearce said...

That is a very cool mascot, it would be fun if we had them over here too.
When I think of snow I think of the children building snowmen and ice, lots of ice to slip on...I have mixed feelings towards it lol x

1CardCreator said...

Cute Tiger! Chilli tonight and it is snowing here now! ~Diane

podso said...

At first sight I would have said chipmunk too--it's the teeth. I'm sorry you are getting more snow. It will cover up all the dirty snow!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

WHAAAAAATTTT? Not another doozy! We've had enough doozies. OH, I forgot, you like the snow!!!
:)
Sigh. I guess maybe I should take on the motto "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and make some kind of potato soup.

Hope your tiger makes the cut!

McVal said...

I'm sorry you're going to get hit again! I'd probably do chili or potato soup. And of COURSE have some homemade bread.

Linda said...

How delightful! (the mascot, I mean). :)

Susan said...

Hi Leann...With the snow, my thoughts turned to get my errands done and stay blessedly HOME tonight and tomorrow.

Finished all I had to do and now I'm safe, warm and cozy at home.

You stay warm, too. Susan

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A cute tiger! :-D
Sorry about the white stuff. I have had enough of Winter.:(
I need to replenish my freezer with containers of soup. I have really dropped the ball this year.
Have a great weekend.

Margaret said...

I just love that mascot! We have a storm coming too on Sunday...shovels ready. Have a great day! Maggie

Susan Clayton said...

Fingered crossed for your girl! We are expecting more snow too. I finally took down all the 'Let It Snow" and snowman decorations Enough is enough! Have a blessed week!

Bookie said...

We are under the same forecast! This morning I got out soup pot and cooked up a batch of vegetable beef. It is good but I am not greatly moved by it because I am quite frayed with winter and soup. This made so much because my vegetable beef soup grows like kudzu! I have enough to last until the Memorial Day for sure! I hope you can enjoy your weather if it comes...I will try to do the same!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Adorable mascot! Snow heading our way to

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

oops, posted too quickly... Meant to say we are having snow beginning Sunday night and all day Monday

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...