What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Winner Winner


chicken dinner. Fried chicken to be exact. Mr OP doesn't usually put in requests when it comes to planning suppers. But this week while I was planning our menu I told Mr OP that we would have to stop at the liquor store for Marsala wine - I wanted to make Chicken Marsala. He nixed the idea, and asked me to make fried chicken instead. I used to make it quite often when the boys were home with mashed potatoes and gravy, string beans, tossed salad and biscuits - it was a standard.


Mr OP has also been dropping hints about a "certain" chocolate cake with chocolate icing. You know how much I love to bake, so any excuse and I'm in!  I'll whip up a batch of  Miracle Whip cupcakes with homemade butter cream icing this weekend. They should satisfy his sweet tooth, plus they'll be easy to share with others. We certainly don't need to have them around here too long, they are too good and too tempting if you know what I mean.

Have you done any baking this week?


8 comments:

Nellie said...

We love that chicken dinner around here! The only baking I've done this week is baked potatoes. Your cupcakes sound luscious!

Nellie

Vee said...

Not yet! But, funny thing, I am also getting hints. Another funny thing, I have an entire nearly new jar of mayo that must be used somehow....

Jeanie said...

I don't think I've ever made friend chicken -- just sauteed or fake (oven) fried. Looks fabulous!

Vicki Daugherty said...

While I enjoy reading your blog, I love your header. It always brings a smile to my face. Did you or a family member take that picture? The fried chicken looks yummy too! Vicki in Louisville KY

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, fried chicken! Looks so delicious! Your guy made a good choice :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love home fried chicken - yours looks yummy. I used to fry it occasionally, but have not in years as rarely eat any thing fried now days. Health issues dictate that - not my choice. :/ Will splurge on occasion and will pick up a small order some where, but just not like the homemade goodness.

Linda said...

The only baking I do is chicken and lamb (on the lamb very rarely), but I never bake any desserts for myself. That chicken looks divine!

1CardCreator said...

Your chicken looks delicious! ~Diane

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...