What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Bag pipes and green champagne!


Our niece's wedding on Saturday was so beautiful! It had so many wonderful Irish traditions incorporated including bag pipes while she walked down the isle. They had a hand-fast ceremony as well as exchanging traditional wedding vows. They even served green champagne and Irish potatoes! It was wonderful to see the beginning of this wonderful new family. I'll share more photos as I get them. I took this from one of the kids' facebook pages.

We didn't do anything for St. Pat's today, but I'll count the wedding as part of celebrating!

Did you do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

7 comments:

Vee said...

Good way to celebrate St. Pat's a little early! No green champagne, but there were green shakes.

Susan said...

Hi Leann...
The wedding sounded lovely.

I don't have a drop of Irish blood in me so St. Pat's Day is not a holiday we celebrate too much. (Other than wishing Irish friends the best!)

Have a good week. We are supposed to get 50 degree weather on Wednesday so that makes me happy to hear. Susan

Jeanie said...

I think it's fair to count the wedding as a grand St. Paddy's celebration as well as a wonderful celebration for your niece! It sounds so very personal and wonderful!

Rick made corned beef and veggies and after we had that he added the cabbage before his 'seconds" since he knows I don't like cabbage cooked. (To be honest, I think he forgot it at first, but nice save!). It was yum!

Jane said...

That sounds like a lovely wedding, Leann! I've never seen green champagne before, but love the bagpipes!
I think I finally figured out how to post a comment - yay!
xo Jane

1CardCreator said...

What a pretty table setting Leanne. We ate corned beef and cabbage, that's it! ~Diane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Congratulations to the newly weds - sounds like a fun as well as meaning wedding.
Even tho I have lots of Irish and Scots Irish in me no celebrating here, only green I ate yesterday was green peas. :D

Carol OurSearsKitHome said...

Sounds like a great wedding! I'm Irish, but did we do anything? No, not really. But it was still a good day!

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...