What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Selfie


I haven't had my hair cut (professionally) since May of last year - the month before the wedding. Some of you may remember me chopping and adding bangs back in August. I also hadn't had it highlighted since then. It needed it so badly.


Every time I went to make an appointment something came up. Our niece is getting married next weekend, so I knew that I couldn't put it off any longer. I was there for 3.5 hours. When I walked out I didn't like the way she styled it. Why can't they ever make it look like it does in the photo? I like the color, but it is sooo much shorter than the photo and I had it long enough before hand that it should have been the right length for the cut.


When I got home, I played around with how she had it styled. She had the entire thing curled under which made it look even shorter. I got out the curling iron and curled it all up and out. I think that it makes me look more with it. Now that I think about it,  it may be cut the way it should be, but is just a much shorter version. 

Have you ever shot a selfie? How do you do it? I can't take one with my phone. You know the kind where you extend your arm and snap away. I have to look in a mirror and use my phone or camera.

Not sure how much I'll be around this weekend. It's supposed to get into the 50's so this Momma will be outside as much as possible.

Have a good one!


22 comments:

Vee said...

In my many years of haircuts, I have only had two that met my expectations. It is not easy and it is no help for someone to say, "It is only hair and it will grow." Grrrrr...

Vee said...

Meant to say that your hair looks very pretty as styled here!

Nellie said...

I think you look ready for Spring!

Carol OurSearsKitHome said...

You've got great hair. I always have to come straight home and "fix" my hair. And I have a great stylist...I have relinquished full control of my style to her!
So looking forward to sunny and 47 tomorrow!

Margaret said...

Your hair looks terrific! I hate getting haircuts cause my hair is thick and curly and I blow it straight..however the hairdressers always cut my hair as if it is straight hair...not a good thing. Then I do it myself, get a little too scissor happy and, well, you can guess how that story turns out :) Maggie

podso said...

You are a pretty lady and I think the haircut looks great … I often come home and re do it as well. But you do look all set for a wedding!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Pretty!
Mine is due for a professional trim.
Enjoy your weekend.

McVal said...

You look great! Love that cut. I'm not good at selfies myself... Maybe if I had a bag over my head.

Susan said...

Your hair looks great, Leann. Yeah, it's hard to really be satisfied with a cut.

I have a woman who does mine and some of the time I like the way she does it, not others.

Hope you have a nice weekend. WARMTH! Hurray! Susan

Vicki Daugherty said...

Oh how pretty you look! And so much younger than I imagined. (Please don't take that wrong, I meant it as a compliment.) The cut and style are very becoming to you and I totally agree about re-styling after an appointment. I usually leave wet so I can "do" my own do and my stylist is fine with that, suits us both. Congrats. Vicki in Louisville KY.

Linda said...

Lovely photos, and I like your hair. You are very photogenic.

Barbara F. said...

I don't consider your hair short, it is shoulder length. I think I look much younger with chin length hair. I love my stylist that I have been going to since the early fall. She listens, and actually knows what's best for me. xo. P.S. Never took a selfie

Barbara F. said...

P.P.S. Your hair always looks lovely! xo

happeningswithLana said...

Love the hair!

Victorian1885 said...

Very pretty... I have never taken a selfie but should give it a try. Have a great weekend!

Jeanie said...

I think it's adorable! And I do love the bangs -- but you had those before. Very pretty.

Selfies -- I just hold the camera out in front of me and jiggle it around till I finally get in the lens. Or use the mirror. I delete ten times as many as I've ever kept!

1CardCreator said...

Great photo of you and I love the hair cut and the color, she did a great job, or I should say you did once you got at it, lol. Have fun at the wedding. ~Diane

Joan said...

I think you look fabulous! About three years ago, after dealing with the same hairdresser for a long, long, time, I found a new one-a man and I love him to death! He suggested highlighting for my thin, thin hair as well as a new cut. I go every six weeks now instead of when the spirit moved me.

BTW, I love your new header. I haven't visited in a while and your blog looks so fresh.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Le Ann,
Love your new hair style. I finally got mine cut and now I need to get it colored.
Thanks so much for your visit. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I have been so busy getting ready for the Craft Fair at our church....
Hugs,
Deb

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

It looks great! It is so funny that you took a selfie... I just had 12 inches of my hair cut off and I showed the before shot on Facebook ... now I keep getting a ton of "where is the after photo????" My excuse is that I never look good in selfies. Yours looks great!

Dorothy said...

Hey pretty lady! You look great and so does your hair. I have very short hair so I never have to fuss to much with it. Hope everything is good with you and your family! Take care.

chris mckinley said...

Your hair looks great! I often hear ladies say they don't like their hair...I often fall into that category. Funny isn't it? Have fun with the warmer weather!

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...