What makes a Happy Home? I love to take care of my family. For me, creating a home that is warm and inviting, where everyone feels welcome is pure joy! The smell of fresh laundry just in off the clothesline, a neat and tidy home and garden, a good home cooked meal, a few desserts here and there, the love of family, friends and fellowship all help to make our home a Happy Home. Join me as we celebrate the holidays, the birthdays and the every days!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Snow Angel


I love this sweet antique angel statue. It's in our side garden right next to our lilac bush.Mr OP bought it for me for my birthday a few years ago. You can see that we still have a few inches of snow left from the past couple of storms. It was starting to melt, last week, but then the temps dropped and now we're getting hit with another storm. Right now we're getting freezing rain, but it's supposed to  turn to snow by 11pm. They actually changed their predictions and say that the cold air is moving farther south so we'll get less than they originally thought. 



I made a ham, homemade scalloped potatoes, deviled eggs and garlic string beans for supper tonight. I don't like to toot my own horn, but it was soo good. The house smelled like Easter this afternoon, plus having the oven on made for added warmth.


We didn't do too much this weekend. My mum and Dad stopped by after church, my fibro was acting up so they didn't stay too long. I sent them home with a plateful of cupcakes that I made yesterday. Dad was a happy camper, he loves these (link to the recipe) cupcakes. I made chocolate butter cream icing (Mr OP's favorite), but I usually make my Dad and Flyboy peanut butter icing. Our Fireman isn't a big cake eater, if he wanted a cake for his birthday I made a poor man's cake, however most times he asked for a big bowl of chocolate mousse.

If we have work tomorrow, then I'm taking a plateful of the cupcakes to share with everyone. They certainly won't go to waste. If we close because of the snow, then I'm going to make oatmeal raisin cookies. I made a flavorful stock today for chicken noodle soup to have for supper tomorrow. It's cooling on the stove top now. I'll have to store it in the downstairs fridge, the fridge in the kitchen is jam packed.

I hope that if you are in the path of this monster storm that you are safe and warm. Have a wonderful week!

14 comments:

Vee said...

The monster storm is slipping south of us this time, for which I am very grateful.

Vee said...

Acckkk...I just downloaded the upgrade on the iPad and things aren't working as they used to...that last comment got off too quick! I wanted to mention how beautifully your angel fits right in to the environment of your side garden. I hope that the weather improves so the fibro won't keep kicking.

Linda said...

Great post. Your cupcakes sound wonderful, and sometimes it is good to just do nothing from time to time. It gives us a chance to rest and rejuvenate.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sorry your fibro is flaring up. :( Bet the cupcakes were yummy.
Had planned to make soup and stock the freezer today, but it did not happen - maybe tomorrow.
Thunder storms and freezing temps here - crazy weather.
Have a great week.

Emma Pearce said...

I have woken up thinking about chocolate buttercream today and have an urge to make some hehe. My middle bug isn't that keen on cake, he much prefers chocolate or flapjacks and cookies.
I hope you are feeling better. FM isn't much fun. Hugs xxx

Susan said...

Hi Leann...

So far we've been spared the storm...just a light feather dusting of snow. (Not enough to sneeze about).

Your cupcakes sounded good. My aunt used to make a mayonnaise cake, when I was a kid.

Stay warm, stay safe. Susan

Terra said...

Your snow angel has a very romantic look to it. Stay warm. Where I live we are praying for more rain, to heal the drought conditions.

1CardCreator said...

Your Angel looks cold! I will have to check out your recipe, the family loved the last one you shared! ~Diane

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Oh my goodness, you had me at cupcakes! LOL.

Your house must smell SOOOO good all of the time!

So happy we dodged the snow bullet this time.

I posted about Florida again just so I could see some sunshine!
:)

Have a great start to your week!

podso said...

Your angel is beautiful and your posts are always inspiring. I need to get into the kitchen! I'm glad the storm is not hitting you directly--ya'll deserve a break!

Donna said...

Hi Leann! Yes, we love the Kuerig our girls gave us for Christmas! I'm a coffee drinker, too, although almost everyone I know is a tea drinker!

I love your snow angel :) Beautiful photos. How nice that your mom and dad live close by. Your baking sounds yummy! I read back several posts and wonder if you'd ever share the Miracle Whip cupcakes you mentioned? Oh my gosh, my husband loves Miracle Whip and I bet he'd love those!!!

We're in New England. You said that our yards looked similar. Our is still covered with way more snow than yours though.

Have a great week!!

Donna

McVal said...

That little statue of the angel is adorable!
And cupcakes... yum...

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Tu blog es una inspiración. No sé hacer tantas cosas ricas en la cocina como tú, pero me dio apetito pensar en pastelillos y comidas ricas.
Yo padezco FM. Sé cómo es y lo que se sufre. Acá esperando el otoño y el invierno. Yo vivo en zona fría, por lo que me ataca fuerte.
Espero que te sea leve.
Un abrazo desde Chile
Maru

Jeanie said...

It sounds like you had our Easter dinner -- and it is one of my favorites. Maybe I'll do scalloped potatoes this weekend -- that sounds delicious!And I bet yourcupcakes were a hit!

If you are here for the Where Blogger's Create Party click here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...